Monday, November 22, 2010

Soul Food ... Minus the Heart Attack!


     Well who doesn't love a good beef stroganoff dinner? Granted, I don't love beef and I don't love sauces with a cream base because, let's face it, they have more than a month's calorie intake in a single serving. So, since Adam and my dad love some red meat once in a while - I think it's a man thing - I set out to attempt a healthier version of beef stroganoff. I didn't have a recipe, do not usually cook red meat, and have never made beef stroganoff before but it turned out surprisingly well (aside from possibly over cooking the meat a bit since I was nervous about not cooking it enough). 


Yum, yum! 

Ingredients (give or take because I winged it... just taste as you go and add ingredients according to your liking): 

1 bag of No Yolk egg noodles (99% fat free and a good source of protein)
2 cans of 98% fat free cream of mushroom Campbell's soup
4 dashes of worcester sauce
2 dashes of soy sauce
1 teaspoon paprika 
1/4 cup fat free milk
1 table spoon olive oil
1/2 medium onion - diced and sauteed 
2 table spoons of skim milk mozzarella cheese to top (if you would like)
pinch of pepper to taste

Enjoy!!


This tastes much better than it looks haha.


These are the egg white (No Yolk) noodles. They are delish and great in soups and casseroles too.



No comments:

Post a Comment