* 1 cup unsweetened blueberries (fresh or frozen - I use frozen and more than 1 cup)
* 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (I use the "unbleached" kind)
* 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/3 cup Splenda granular
* 1/4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute (equals 1 egg)
* 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
* 1/2 cup nonfat milk (skim)
* 1 tablespoon Splenda granular (to top muffins... if you want. I don't usually do this though).
I go crazy with the blueberries... you do not have to use so many :)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Lightly spray muffin tin with non-stick spray (I've found that paper muffin holders do not peel away from these muffins easily).
- 3Wash and drain blueberries. Set aside.
- 4In large bowl, sift flour. Add baking powder and the 1/3 cup Splenda. Mix together.
- 5In another bowl, mix the Egg Beater egg substitute, apple sauce and milk.
- 6Combine the wet mixture into the flour mixture. Stir just enough to blend (electric mixers aren't really necessary). Gently fold in the blueberries.
- 7Pour batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about 2/3 full. Use the last tablespoon of Splenda to sprinkle on top of each muffin (this adds zero calories and has zero fat) and bake for 17 minutes, or until tops are light brown.
- 8After baking, allow muffins to cool before removing them from the tin. Please note: 1 serving = 1 muffin. Enjoy!