Monday, September 14, 2009

Life in Seattle


Well this pretty much sums up my life at the moment. Moving to Seattle originally took a lot of getting used to, but now that I have been able to settle in for a few years, I am loving it. I am so blessed to have the life that I do. I have the best family, friends, boyfriend and puppy and could not be happier. I graduated from UW last year and this past year has been such a refreshing one. I have had to opportunity to take some beach vacations with family and friends (and we all know nothing makes me happier than that), work managing the tanning salons and making the DS videos, and have had lots of time to sit back and enjoy life in Seattle, something I seemed to miss out on a bit in the last year of college (although is was still fun) between studying, class and work. Who knew I liked to run, knit, take photos of Seattle skylines, try out every new restaurant, take mini road trips, fly kites, clam, go 4 wheeling and hike?! It's funny how you can lose sight of the hobbies you once enjoyed when you get too busy to entertain them! 

The past couple weeks I have been busy getting prepared to get back to school however. The time off has been so appreciated, but I am ready to hit the books once again. With the economy the way it is, I decided there is no time like the present to go back to school and get my masters in teaching. So, starting on September 29th I am enrolled to begin some prerequisite courses at North Seattle Community College and applications to UW and SU teaching schools are due October 1st for programs that begin in the Spring. Both schools have a one year intensive program for grad students seeking a Masters of Teaching, which will be perfect for me. In the mean time I have a few classes to take, a math test to pass so that I don't have to take a math class (pray for me), writing samples to do at both schools, and the West Tests to take on November 14th. So, lots to do and it's all in God's hands after that I suppose. 

Man this blogging stuff takes it out of you! That is all for now. Love you all lots!

Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment