Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back to School... Again!


It's finally here! My first day back to school. After over a year of studying/taking/passing the (5 hour long EACH) West-E and West-B tests, taking prerequisite courses, meeting with graduate school advisors to decide which school to attend, completing the extensive application, interviewing with Northwest's faculty board members, tracking down transcripts (an accomplishment in itself with the many schools I took prerequisite courses at), getting accepted and working out how to pay..... 
The adventure finally begins. 

Naturally, I woke up an hour and a half before my alarm went off and could not go back to sleep because I was so excited for my first day back to school. The smell of new text books and the thought of new pens, freshly sharpened pencils and carefully selected spiral notebooks awaiting my use, has kept a smile plastered on my face all week.... but with all of this planning and preparing what is the one question I can't seem to stop pondering all day???








Exactly what do I use for a backpack now that I'm a grad student?! It makes me laugh that after all of my hard work preparing for this day, the one thing I have yet to decide upon is what to do about this backpack debacle....

As a side note, yet one more reason that my best friend, Jenni, and I are soul mates; after going through all of my large purse, shoulder bag and backpack options in my head on my commute to work from Bellevue to Seattle attempting to make a decision about which to use for class this evening... Jen texts me as I am walking into work and asks, "Random question but what are you going to use for a backpack now that you are a grad?!?!" 
Best friends think alike :)

Wish me luck! In 10 months I will be a certified 5th-12th grade English teacher with my Masters in Teaching! Woohoo! I am so looking forward to being this excited for the first day of school for many more years to come! What a fun time of year! Pumpkin spice lattes, cute boots, new school clothes, freshly cleaned desks, new text books, new students and neatly packed backpacks (Or large purses/shoulder bags?) for life! 

On tonight's agenda? Curriculum Design and Instruction in Rice Hall.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog through facebook :) You are making me miss school! Good luck! I hope you found the perfect backpack :)

    ReplyDelete